Sunday 30 July 2023

THE STORY OF A LOVER

 



THE STORY OF A LOVER

By Hutchins Hapgood
Chapter One
I was thirty years old when I saw her for the first time. We did not speak, we were not introduced, but I knew that I must meet her; I knew that love which had hitherto been gnawing in my imagination and my senses, had found an object. I fell in love at first sight. She did not see me, and I sometimes think she has never seen me since, although we are married and have lived together for fifteen years. Life had prepared me to love. I was born sensitive and passionate, and had acquired more emotion than I was endowed with. I had acquired it partly through ill-health and ignorance as a lad, and partly through an intense sex[1]imagination to which I habitually and gladly yielded. My boyhood was filled with brooding, warm dreams, and partial experiences, always unsatisfied, and leaving a nature more and more stirred, more and more demanding the great adventure. Then, in youth and early manhood, a student, a traveller, experiences came rich enough in number. The mysterious beauty and terrible attraction that woman has for the adolescent was not even relatively satisfied by my many adventures. Each left me more unsatisfied than before. My hunger for profound relationship grew so strong that all my ideas of beauty, in art, in life and in nature, seemed to be a mere comment, a partial explanation, of that which was a flame in my soul.....
WANT TO READ MORE OF THIS WONDERFUL E-BOOK BY Hutchins Hapgood. OVER 117 MORE EXCITING PAGES JUST WAITING FOR YOU TO DRIFT INTO THIS ROMANTIC FANTACY STORY WITHIN OUR NEW FREE E-BOOK COLLECTIONS LIBRARY IN THE “ROMANCE E-BOOK” SECTION, PLUS LOTS MORE FOR YOU TO EBJOY AND ALL FOR FREE FROM:-
SIGN UP TO OUR REGULAR NEWSLETTER AND GET THE KEY TO UNLOCK OUR LIBRARY DOORS FREE IN YOUR EMAIL


All reactions

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS"

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS" (author unknown) "Many have passed away, and those who are still here are called 'the el...