Thursday 21 September 2023

IT’S STILL A PENNY


IT’S STILL A PENNY
(author Kristen Wakefield)

Love This Story, Enjoy!

“My dad used to say, ‘A penny is still a penny no matter how dirty it looks.’
Well, after he passed, I was feeling SAD for my loss. Speaking out loud I said, ‘I love you, Dad!’

Reaching for the car door I noticed a GLINT of light on the ground. It was a penny, new and beautiful!
I said, ‘Thanks Dad’!
The next day, I was waiting for a car tire to be replaced, still feeling sorry for myself. Again, I saw a GLINT of light on the ground.
This time I picked up the most DIRTY, DAMAGED, and STAINED PENNY ever seen. I pondered, ‘Keep it?’ ‘No, it’s ugly.’
Then, inside my mind, I heard Dad’s voice, ‘It's STILL WORTH a penny and IT'S FREE!’

The tire technician came out and announced that my car was ready to go. I asked him how much? He smiled: ‘It's part of our service … IT'S FREE!’

I've been saving every penny since then …

In today’s busy world and frightful economy, the effort to bend down to pick up a mere penny may seem worthless.
But, what if that GLINT … that somehow catches your eye… is a little doorway to a Godwink?
You wouldn’t want to miss that, would you?
Wishes for a precious penny’s worth of Godwinks today!

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley We have to stop thinking that we’ve failed every time we fall. When babies are learning to walk, we ...