Sunday 17 September 2023

SO PLEASE DEAR DAUGHTER


SO PLEASE DEAR DAUGHTER
(author unknown)

Listen close, dear daughter…
You don’t have to play the part of the good girl.
I know the weight that it carries.
Trying to be ‘good.’
Good is doing all the right things.
Good is self-sacrifice.
Good is what’s expected.
Good is what’s praised.
Except
Good is subjective.
What looks good for some
Can feel terrible for others.
What someone says feels good.
May not be the right fit for you.
And what someone believes is good.
You may know in your heart, is not.
So, no, my girl.
I don’t hope for you to be good.
I hope for you to be real.
Authentic.
And true to you.
I believe I’ve raised you to decide right from wrong.
I believe I’ve shown you when and where kindness matters.
I believe I’ve given you the tools to make smart decisions.
I believe I’ve placed the power of choice in your hands.
And I believe in you being real over good.
Because while good may be how you’re perceived by others.
Real…. Real is who you are within yourself.
So please, dear daughter, don’t try to be the good girl.
Strive to be the real one

 Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"CAME APART RIGHT AT THE SEAMS" by Becky Hemsley

"CAME APART RIGHT AT THE SEAMS" by Becky Hemsley One time I met a woman With a basket on her arm A basket filled with patches And ...