Wednesday 4 October 2023

BUT I DIDN'T TELL HER by Becky Hemsley


"BUT I DIDN'T TELL HER"
(by Becky Hemsley)

I remember sitting in a bar once and watching a woman dancing. She was so full of joy and life that I found it hard to take my eyes off her. She was mesmerising.
But I didn't tell her.
I remember being in the supermarket one day and seeing a woman who had matched her eye make up to the colours in her headscarf. Her eyes shone when she smiled and she looked beautiful.
But I didn't tell her.
I remember watching a fellow mum on the school run years ago. She had a toddler who kept stumbling, stopping to pick things up and pausing to point things out. The mum was so encouraging, patient and calm with her toddler, despite being in a rush herself. I remember thinking what a wonderful parent she was.
But I didn't tell her.
And how often have you probably been that person? Not the one noticing and saying nothing - but the one being noticed.
The one exuding calm, beauty and joy to such an extent that people will remember you years later as the person in the bar or the woman in the supermarket or the mum on the school run.
The one who was mesmerising. Beautiful. Wonderful.
And yet you'll never know because they never told you.
But they noticed you. I promise.
*****
Becky Hemsley 2022
Beautiful artwork by Pascal Campion
This one is from my latest collection https://a.co/d/7ZqFeWs

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"SIGNS" by Becky Hemsley

"SIGNS" by Becky Hemsley There's a robin on my fence today, A feather by my feet A heart-shaped leaf that blows along Beside m...