Sunday 31 December 2023

I WENT BACK TO THE WINDOW by Joanne Boyle


"I WENT BACK TO THE WINDOW"
by Joanne Boyle

I woke up this morning.
they said a new year had begun,
but try telling that to grief,
who is still missing someone.
I looked out of the window,
it was the same view everyday.
A new year couldn't change,
what happened yesterday.
I climbed back in to bed.
I heard voices from outside,
"happy new year" they shouted,
whilst I sat and cried.
Everyday was a beginning,
of the same constant pain,
every minute spent wishing,
that I could see you again.
Time stood still without you,
whilst shadows moved around.
Now and again there was voices,
words without a sound.
I went back to the window,
this time was something new.
I blinked and rubbed my eyes,
and this time I saw you.
We were back to a time of fun,
we were in our happy place,
I rubbed my eyes again,
to wipe my tear stained face.
You looked me in the eye,
it was as if you knew I was there,
and then I heard the music,
and there was dancing everywhere.
I felt my heart start beating,
I hadn't felt it for a while.
I rubbed against the window
and saw my reflection smile.
A moment spent in a vision.
A vision from a time that's past,
A memory relived in my heart,
of a love that will always last.

art by steffi krenzek.

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"CAPABLE CHILDREN" by Brooke Hampton

"CAPABLE CHILDREN" by  Brooke Hampton I posted a photo of our 13-year-old doing her end of the month calculations. She handles our...