Sunday 24 December 2023

THE MASTER OF DEATH by Becky Hemsley 2023


"THE MASTER OF DEATH"
by Becky Hemsley

They say that we can’t live forever
And that no one’s a master of death
That it’s just an inevitability and
That it comes to us all in the end
They say death’s conclusive and final,
That when something is gone it is gone
But if they believe that is true, well then
I’m afraid they could not be more wrong
‘Cause I feel the way that my soul is in flight
Every time that you think about me
And the way that my spirit lights up like a star
When you talk of how we used to be
Because, just like a fable or story or tale
That is over a hundred years old
Then I’ll be awoken and brought back to life
Every time that my story is told
So tell all my stories and sing out my name
And bask in my memory’s glow
And you’ll realise there’s something that lives beyond death
That refuses to give up and go
See, death might think it is the master of life
But there’s something more powerful yet
Because love has the power to help me live on
Because love
is the master of death
*****
'Master of Death' is from When I Am Gone

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"CAPABLE CHILDREN" by Brooke Hampton

"CAPABLE CHILDREN" by  Brooke Hampton I posted a photo of our 13-year-old doing her end of the month calculations. She handles our...