Tuesday 30 January 2024

Inside Every Breath I Take


“Inside Every Breath I Take” (author unknown)
I’m just a child with closed eyes
Never seeing the world as its eternity dies
Innocence is just an illusion that plays
Until the realness of life of its darkness that stays
Inside every breath this man now takes
And sowing the seeds of my many mistakes
But, there are so many times I get mad at my fate
Constantly testing me with doubts about myself, love, and hate
As a boy, I crossed the line into a know-it-all teen
My naivetes taught me well what life and death mean
That death’s timing was off when 5 plates became 4
The eyes never see the scars but the pains are always more
My first drink was an illusion in another world to feel
There is always a price to pay when reality turns real
But there’s a temporary peace in the day for my hate and pain
I feel alive in my memories but with nothing to gain
To depress my depression I walk along the broken road
Finding new ways for my soul, to take away my heavy load
From this older man of broken years inside my every breath
Wiser not but still able, another day away from death
My ignorance is dying right inside of me
One step too many, my broken soul to never be
I hurt then I cry, then I overindulge in Hope’s smile
The broken road that I walk on, I’ll never see the last mile.
There are too many walls closing in, that are suffocating my head
Every night I search for an opening but it’s insanity that I’m fed
So I kill a black rose just to smell the freedom it exudes
A moment on the hand of a clock then back to my sullen mood
That I’m familiar with, so there’s no need to smile at a penny’s lost face
I’m a child in a reflection of mistakes, lost to myself and the whole human race
My eyes are now open to see my world lost to every decision that I’ve made
Living with my burdens of a hefty price but my death I have not yet paid.

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS"

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS" (author unknown) "Many have passed away, and those who are still here are called 'the el...