Sunday 14 January 2024

My Inner Child by Joanne Boyle


"My Inner Child" by Joanne Boyle
I turned and looked behind me,
and though I couldn't see you there.
I felt compelled to find you,
the problem was just where?
I started on my journey,
reliving times gone by.
Looking for the girl,
the one that used to cry.
Not certain when I'd find you,
or in which memory we would meet.
Would it be in a darkened room,
or a doorway of a street.
Still I kept on walking,
though I feared what id find.
I knew that when I did,
I would give you peace of mind.
I passed through many years,
fought the demons that you faced.
Went to familiar haunts,
your steps I now retraced.
Finally I found you,
all wrapped around yourself.
Hid inside the pantry,
underneath the wonky shelf.
I put my arms around you,
and I whispered in your ear,
the answers for the future,
and that the end was near.
I told you to be strong,
and not to forget your worth.
I told you to keep believing,
in the reason of your birth.
I opened up your mouth,
I kissed you with a dream.
The cold air that you breathed,
would be the fire you redeem.
I brushed your tattered hair,
with a comb of hope.
I washed away your fears,
with a bar of soap.
I prepared you for the future,
for the day that you are me,
and to let go of your demons,
so I could be happy.

Joanne Boyle

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html

art by Hope Carruthers

No comments:

Post a Comment

"HANDLE WITH CARE" by Becky Hemsley

"HANDLE WITH CARE" by Becky Hemsley Every woman I know has, at one point or another, sobbed in the shower cried in the car swallow...