Monday 26 February 2024

TWO WORLDS BROUGHT TOGETHER by Joanne Boyle


"TWO WORLDS BROUGHT TOGETHER"
by Joanne Boyle

Can we play a game mammy,
the one we always play.
The one with the same actions
and words as yesterday?
Will you put teen titans on
as I eat my tea, and
make sure my chicken nuggets
are placed out equally.
When was world war two?
Is that a cherry blossom tree?
When did the titanic sink?
How long will daddy be?
I don't want to go to the party.
I'll just stay home with you.
I'll follow you to the kitchen
and to the bathroom too.
Can we go to the park now?
Is it time to go?
I am sorry I keep asking
I just really want to know.
When was world war two?
Is that a cherry blossom tree?
When did the titanic sink?
How long will Daddy be?
Are my chicken nuggets ready?
Oh no they are not right.
Will you put teen titans on?
When will it be night?
Can you hear a lawn mower?
What's that awful smell?
Can we play that game again
the one I like so well?
When was world war two?
Is that a cherry blossom tree?
When did the Titanic sink?
How long will Daddy be?"
Two worlds brought together
through a set of innocent eyes.
Autism and all its colours
on a painting that never dries.
******
Joanne Boyle

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THOUGHTS" by Joanne Boyle

"THOUGHTS" by Joanne Boyle She was often seen playing, humming the same old tune. On a sandy shore, every single afternoon. No ...