Saturday 9 March 2024

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY by Joanne Boyle


"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY"
by Joanne Boyle

I went by our old house today,
to see if you were there.
I opened up the door,
but couldn't find you anywhere.
I called out your name.
"Mum, I am here."
But you never answered
yet I felt your presence near.
It was then that I remembered,
you don't live there any more.
You had moved to heaven.
You no longer had a door.
Before I was awakened,
from the noise of my own scream,
some butterflies appeared,
and walked me to a dream.
I stood in heavens garden,
and when I called your name,
through a field of flowers,
you and an angel came.
You couldn't see me there,
but my god could I see you.
I reached to pick a flower,
in fact I picked a few.
I threw them in your path.
You stopped and turned around.
For a second our world's merged,
we spoke without a sound.
You knew that I was watching,
and I knew that you were too.
And when you picked those flowers up,
I whispered "Happy Mothers Day" to you.
******
Joanne Boyle

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley We have to stop thinking that we’ve failed every time we fall. When babies are learning to walk, we ...