Saturday 13 April 2024

A PET WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU by Joanne Boyle


"A PET WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU"
by Joanne Boyle

Mum bought me another dog today.
I know that its not you.
I couldn't help but cry
and Mum was crying too.
It didn't look at me with love
or want to run and play.
I know that in time though,
it will look at me that way.
When mum put him in my arms,
at first i felt some guilt.
My mind flashed back to you,
sleeping on my quilt.
The little pup then licked me,
and i felt it tickle my hand.
I laughed and looked at Mum,
and she said you'd understand.
I will not forget you Bertie.
"now what shall i call you?
Ill teach you how to play ball,
and lift your paw up too."
Bertie watched from the rainbow bridge.
he barked and wagged his tail.
He was no longer poorly.
No longer old and frail.
He lived on in the memories
and they would never be apart.
A pet will never leave you
without its footprints in your heart.

*****
Joanne Boyle Heartfelt

art by Steffi Krenzek

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THE FLOWER OF MENDING" by Vachel Lindsay

"THE FLOWER OF MENDING" by  Vachel Lindsay When Dragon-fly would fix his wings, When Snail would patch his house, When moths have ...