Tuesday 2 April 2024

CATCH THOSE BIRTHDAY KISSES by Joanne Boyle


"CATCH THOSE BIRTHDAY KISSES"
by Joanne Boyle

In a world of make believe
and if we had another chance,
I'd put your stubbornness in bubbles
and send them on their dance.
You were taken far too young
and I miss you every day.
The brother with his mischief
that was always led astray.
Sometimes I think I see you
from a distance in a crowd.
Then I hear your voice
as my heart starts beating loud.
Every birthday I have to ask,
how old would he be today?
It hurts for me to remember
that you got took away.
I wish that you were here
but what would wishing do?
So ill meet you in a memory,
where there was just us two.
I'll go back to our childhood.
I laugh as I recall.
You were always fun and quirky,
I now recall it all.
I hope you know in heaven
that I'm here loving you,
and you catch those birthday kisses,
that I am blowing too.

*****
Joanne Boyle Heartfelt

art by Steffi Krenzek

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THE FLOWER OF MENDING" by Vachel Lindsay

"THE FLOWER OF MENDING" by  Vachel Lindsay When Dragon-fly would fix his wings, When Snail would patch his house, When moths have ...