Friday 12 April 2024

I FLOATED INBETWEEN TWO WORLDS by Joanne Boyle


"I FLOATED INBETWEEN TWO WORLDS"
by Joanne Boyle

I heard my mama calling.
I haven't seen her for so long.
My pappa shouts my name
from the cloud he sits upon.
In the distance I saw grandma
holding grandpa's hand.
They hadn't changed a bit
as they stood there hand in hand.
I could feel my body rising.
I felt I was in a dream.
Yet I could hear my children sobbing.
I was somewhere in between.
The angels were getting closer
as the cries now hurt my ears.
I felt a sense of warmth,
as I was wet from fallen tears.
Someone held my hand,
in fact someone held each one,
but still I kept on rising,
whilst they kept holding on.
I could hear so many voices.
Echoes in my head,
and as mama called my name,
I heard the voices around my bed.
I'm not sure if I was dreaming
or where I was meant to be.
I longed to see my Mamma
but I now had a family.
I floated in-between two worlds,
torn between grief and love
and when I opened up my eyes
I had lost the world above.
*****
Joanne Boyle Heartfelt

art by Steffi Krenzek

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley We have to stop thinking that we’ve failed every time we fall. When babies are learning to walk, we ...