Tuesday 2 April 2024

I HAVE HEARD IT IS CALLED AUTISM by Joanne Boyle


"I HAVE HEARD IT IS CALLED AUTISM"
by Joanne Boyle 

That chocolate bar you gave me,

that was broken up in three.
The one that made me cry,
because they weren't broken equally.
Those stairs you walked down first,
as I walked behind.
The ones that made me cry,
because I like going first you'll find.
The breakfast that you gave me,
with my spoon of chocolate spread.
I am sorry that I cried
for the way you cut my bread.
Those chicken nuggets I love,
weren't cooked just right today.
I am sorry that I cried.
I can't help being this way.
I know i make things hard for you,
but I don't know how to change.
I am sorry that I cried
for all that I find strange.
You see I have my ways
and I know these frustrate you.
I am sorry that I cried,
but they get me frustrated too.
You see I am made different.
It's hard to understand.
I have heard it is called autism
and I need a helping hand.
To me it's all I know,
and all I ask of you,
is to please try to see it,
from my point of view.
I don't do things to be naughty.
I don't want to spoil your day.
I just don't know how to be,
any other way.
*****
Joanne Boyle Heartfelt

#autismawareness

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THE FLOWER OF MENDING" by Vachel Lindsay

"THE FLOWER OF MENDING" by  Vachel Lindsay When Dragon-fly would fix his wings, When Snail would patch his house, When moths have ...