Thursday 16 May 2024

Becky Hemsley by Becky Hemsley 2024

"Becky Hemsley"
by Becky Hemsley 2024


 Good morning, or afternoon!

I realised that I haven't done a post introducing myself for a while and there have been some new followers recently.
So this is me, Becky. Not from Nevada as the photo might suggest, but from Leicestershire in the UK. I never like to introduce myself initially with information you'd find on a census form (age, marital status, children, jobs etc) so in the spirit of that, here are five random facts about me:
1. Giraffes are my favourite animal but I also have a soft spot for foxes.
2. Chocolate peanut butter cups are one of my favourite little treats.
3. If I could only listen to one genre of music for the rest of my life, I'd pick musical theatre.
4. I was in the cheerleading society at university.
5. I learnt to play the piano up to grade 4 when I was younger.
But I'm also 40. I've been married for nearly 13 years and we have two beautiful boys and a very old beagle. I used to be a primary school teacher and educational consultant and have written poetry for years. I used to share my writing anonymously on social media/blogs etc until a few years ago when I started to tentatively put my face to the words. In 2022 I was able to commit to it fully.
I always have ideas swimming around in my head, and I take a notebook and pen pretty much everywhere I go so that I'm prepared when inspiration strikes! Sometimes it is in the most unlikely of places or at the most inopportune times. But I guess that's just what life is like - always keeping us on our toes.
Thank you all for being here. I can't explain what it means to me to read your lovely comments and words of support every day. So really, truly, thank you xxx

*****

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available here: https://www.nicheebookcollections.com/TC4W/ARTICLES.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley We have to stop thinking that we’ve failed every time we fall. When babies are learning to walk, we ...