Sunday 12 May 2024

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY by Becky Hemsley


"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY"
by Becky Hemsley

I learned from my mother
That women are strong
That life can be difficult
But we go on
She taught to be soft
On those finding life hard
To help protect those
Who’ve already been scarred
To work when I need to
But otherwise play
That night time’s for dreaming
But so is the day
To be gentle with those
Who are tough on themselves
To share out my love
But save some for myself
To stand up to those
Who would walk over me
To hold up my head
When I’m down and feel weak
To only apologise
When I am wrong
To know that there’s always
A place I belong
To trust in my future
And treasure my past
To smash it each time
That the ceiling is glass
To find the lessons
In relationships lost
Because some things in life
Are not worth what they cost
But what she taught most
About life and of worth
Was that it is only
The best I deserve
And maybe your mother
Has taught you the same
But if she has not
Well, then I’m here today
To say that you too
Deserve only the best
To live out the life
That exists in your head
To find your own strength
And to dream and stand tall
To trust you might fly
When you think you could fall
So never stop dreaming
And never give up
Because, I have learned
We're all worthy of love
********
Happy Mother's Day to all who find it a happy day xx
Becky Hemsley
Lovely artwork by Kürti Andrea
This poem is from my second collection here (although I adapted the ending very slightly for today 12/5/2024 Mother's Day USA)

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available here: https://www.nicheebookcollections.com/TC4W/ARTICLES.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley We have to stop thinking that we’ve failed every time we fall. When babies are learning to walk, we ...