Saturday 18 May 2024

LISTEN TO THE WORDS by Joanne Boyle


"LISTEN TO THE WORDS"
by Joanne Boyle

Again I sat and played,
with the demons in my head,
setting my pulse on fire,
as my body filled with dread.
Looking out of the window,
wondering why it's always dark.
Praying for some silence,
from every noise and bark.
Once more I feel the sweat,
that falls upon my brow,
caused simply by the thoughts,
as I question how?
How do I escape?
To run from my own mind.
To keep digging for an answer,
knowing there's none to find.
To sit upon this chair
that ties me up in chains.
To know that no one cares
and nothing else remains.
To hope and pray for an answer,
for someone just to see.
Beneath this mask I wear,
will someone look at me?
But still, I do not tell.
I let my demons win.
No one really cares enough,
so why should you let them in?
Instead I'll sit and rot,
the stench consuming my soul.
I will lock the door,
and climb into that hole.
The world outside will listen then
to all the words unsaid.
Then they will really care,
When I am in my final bed.
We cared for you, my friend;
We simply did not know.
We only saw you smiling.
We saw what you did show.
We are sorry you never noticed,
when the the sun did shine,
or found serenity from the music,
as you drank red wine.
We are sorry for those chains,
we wish we had had the key.
We did not read your eyes as
as they begged for us to see.
We are sorry for your family.
For all who hurt today.
We are sorry you didn't trust anyone
to be able to say.
We are sorry for your pain.
We all now pay the price.
We only wish you had seen
that people can be nice.
So now we live and learn,
from one battle that is lost.
That we will build an army
due to the lives it's cost.
So my message to all of you,
is don't listen with your ears.
Our eyes are more perceptive
to see a person's fears.
Listen to the words,
the ones that no one says.
This is how we shall win the war
of our future Mental Health days.
********
Author Joanne Boyle Heartfelt
#mentalhealth awareness week

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available here: https://www.nicheebookcollections.com/TC4W/ARTICLES.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley We have to stop thinking that we’ve failed every time we fall. When babies are learning to walk, we ...