Friday 3 May 2024

THAT'S MY FAVOURITE THING ABOUT HER by Donna Ashworth


“THAT'S MY FAVOURITE THING ABOUT HER” by Donna Ashworth
When I was in my twenties, an older lady made a fairly common remark about me to my mum;
“she’s very sensitive, isn’t she!” (insert derogatory tone).
My mum replied (with a smile)…
“That’s my favourite thing about her too!”
And I have never forgotten it.
I don't blame the older lady, she was brought up in a society where showing emotions equalled weakness and seeing someone walk around this dangerous world with their heart on their sleeve, was uncomfortable. I get that.
In fact, I instantly took the comments as deserved and punished myself for being so transparent, again. It was years later when my mum’s reply actually sank in, took root and began to grow…
And grow it has.
How ridiculous to believe that our beating hearts full of kindness and love could ever be a bad thing.
That the way we look UP all the time, at the sky and the trees and the beautiful mountains - can ever be a waste of our time.
That our empathy and need for human connection is anything but wondrous.
That our instinct to FEEL, everything this life throws at us is not perfectly imperfectly AS IT SHOULD BE.
And years later, when my sensitivity actually really truly became my best trait, in the eyes of the world, and the books began to flow. Did this person say “Oh how lovely!”
No, they said, “I wish you would write a proper book.”
So, my friends, my lovely wonderful friends…
There will always be people who see your best trait as weakness. And there will be others, (one is all you need (you)), who see it as a joyous sight to behold.
I see it.
And I am grateful for all of you sensitive warriors out there, with hearts on sleeves and outer shells as clear as day.
Thank goodness you didn’t ‘harden up’.
The world is hard enough.
Donna x
P.S: The softest people are the strongest because EVERYTHING hurts… but on we go ♥️
Thank you all for hearing, seeing and sharing with me. Brings me courage I never knew I had! 🙌🏻
You can find all my books here

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available here: https://www.nicheebookcollections.com/TC4W/ARTICLES.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"CAME APART RIGHT AT THE SEAMS" by Becky Hemsley

"CAME APART RIGHT AT THE SEAMS" by Becky Hemsley One time I met a woman With a basket on her arm A basket filled with patches And ...