Friday 10 May 2024

YOU ARE MY LIFE by Mehendi Guha Roy


"YOU ARE MY LIFE"
by Mehendi Guha Roy
“Can I ask you something?”, I was over the phone with my husband.
“Sure. Go for it.”, I somehow knew that at that moment he kept everything at halt just to hear me out that time.
“Okay, so if I ask you to define what I mean to you in one word, what would your answer be?”, I asked as he waited on the other side of the line.
“Life.”, the impromptu tone of him, was just the qualifying margin.
“You are my life.”, he added

“Explain.”, I was curious to know more
“What to explain? I already said, you are my life. How can I explain that?”, he thought he was suppose to say something else and he messed it up.
“Easy, love. I just want to know, why do you feel like that?”, I was trying my best to calm him down.

“Like, it happened a long back that after every small or big fight we had, I deliberately tried my egoistic side to win the battle, but somehow I found it really hard to wait for when you would ping me up. I hate the thought of losing you. I just wanted to hold you near to me. I would go through our chat history, snaps, your voice notes, and wonder why did I feel that ache in my heart, then I remembered because it didn’t had you at that time in it. I was all in my senses as I lost my battle bit by bit everyday, as I happily grew each day with you. That’s how I know you are my life. I don’t know how to survive seconds without you, and trust me I would give up everything to never have that feeling. I Love You Baby. Stay for the lifetime.”, saying this he gave a peck on the screen as if he could feel her forehead in between his lips.
********
Mehendi Guha Roy

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available here: https://www.nicheebookcollections.com/TC4W/ARTICLES.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley We have to stop thinking that we’ve failed every time we fall. When babies are learning to walk, we ...