Thursday 27 June 2024

"AN INTERNAL METRONOME" by Tahlia Hunter


"AN INTERNAL METRONOME"
by Tahlia Hunter

There is an internal metronome
that lies within you
that with each tick,
determines how quickly
you must travel through life.
It whispers to you,
“You must rush through life,
for you are not moving quickly enough,
and if you do not speed up,
you will run out of time
to achieve all of your dreams."
But you may choose to
slow down the metronome
and gently remind it that,
“This life is not a race,
or competition,
or checklist of items to be completed,
but a journey
that was never meant to be rushed
but to be savoured,
for the destination is guaranteed.
And though I may wish to skip certain chapters of my life
in order to reach where I wish to be,
to “kill time,”
is to kill life,
for each second of my life is precious,
and no one second of my life
is greater than another.
And the slower I go,
the faster I may truly travel,
for within each step,
I am truly present.
And it is in the present moment
where all of creation occurs.
And so I will move forward peacefully
at my own pace,
knowing that in each moment,
so long as I am committed to a path of love and continual growth,
I am exactly where I am meant to be."

~~~~~~~~
Artwork by Kate Morgan Art

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1900 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available here: https://www.nicheebookcollections.com/TC4W/ARTICLES.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A VERSE FOR YOU MY LOVE" by Ann Marie

"A VERSE FOR YOU MY LOVE" by Ann Marie As seasons change and years unfurl, The heart recalls a vanished world, A love once close, ...