Tuesday 4 June 2024

HEARTSTRINGS by Becky Hemsley


"HEARTSTRINGS"
by Becky Hemsley

There are so many things I have discovered since I had to go.
And I want to share this one with you - I want to let you in on the secret.
You see, I know you feel a sudden pull of emotions sometimes. Those moments when you lose composure and losing me hits you afresh all over again. And it might be at seemingly trivial, inconsequential times like when you’re brushing your teeth or getting into the car for work. Or at 2.30pm on any given Wednesday.
And you won’t really know why but you will suddenly remember me. Not that you’ll have forgotten me, but that I am - in that moment - all you can think about.
Overwhelmingly so.
Well, here’s the secret; that’s because of our heartstrings.
We are connected to everyone we love by invisible, unbreakable threads. And when one of us misses the other person, we only need to pull on those heartstrings to bring them a little closer to us.
Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes we grab desperately at the thread like a life buoy in a storm and our string is pulled so abruptly that it burns.
But it never breaks.
And I just wanted you to know this. So that you can be comforted by knowing that, in the moments when you suddenly miss me the most…
It’s because I am missing you too.
********
Becky Hemsley 2023
Artwork by Shawna Erback #shawnaerbackart
‘Heartstrings’ is from When I am Gone

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available here: https://www.nicheebookcollections.com/TC4W/ARTICLES.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"HANDLE WITH CARE" by Becky Hemsley

"HANDLE WITH CARE" by Becky Hemsley Every woman I know has, at one point or another, sobbed in the shower cried in the car swallow...