Tuesday 4 June 2024

THE BOY ON THE SWING by Joanne Boyle


"THE BOY ON THE SWING"
by Joanne Boyle

Every day I watched from my window
at the boy sitting on the swing.
He just sat staring at the ground.
He never moved or done a thing.
I wasn't sure what I should do,
but he wouldn't leave my mind
and whenever he was around
there was no one else to find.
I thought about approaching him
but I was worried he would get scared.
But he looked so lost and alone
as if nobody had ever cared.
I felt he needed a friend.
I could sense that he was sad.
I felt a need to help
this lost and lonely lad.
I carefully approached him.
He looked up with the saddest eyes.
He asked if I could push him
to reach the highest skies.
He told me that no one ever came,
or had shown him what to do.
I saw his shoulders slump, and
I said "should I push you?"
He smiled a little bit,
and I saw a twinkle in his eye.
He said "my Mum had always said
I should reach for the sky."
As I gently pushed him
and to and fro he went.
I showed him how to move his legs,
and told him not to keep them bent.
I asked about his parents.
"Did they know that you were here?"
But he kept on swinging higher.
Moving without fear.
I now stood in the background,
with the biggest smile on my face.
This boy had brought me happiness
that I'd lost without a trace.
Eventually he slowed down,
and I felt something very strange.
The boy that I had pushed
had now began to change.
In front of me stood a man.
and he began to cry.
He said "Mum, I knew I'd find you
If I reached up to the sky."

********

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available here: https://www.nicheebookcollections.com/TC4W/ARTICLES.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"HANDLE WITH CARE" by Becky Hemsley

"HANDLE WITH CARE" by Becky Hemsley Every woman I know has, at one point or another, sobbed in the shower cried in the car swallow...