Saturday 15 June 2024

THE WOMAN WITH LINES ON HER FACE by Becky Hemsley


"THE WOMAN WITH LINES ON HER FACE"
by Becky Hemsley

I once knew a woman
With lines on her face
Who’d lived most her life
In a much different place
A place where those lines
Were respected, revered
Where it was known
They held the wealth of her years
And here, in a place
That was scared to grow old
She made us all realise
The beauty age holds
For one day she stood
And attracted a crowd
She started to speak
As we all gathered round
And we hung on each word,
We were all mesmerised
For her voice was so powerful,
Knowing and wise
She smoothed down the crown
Of her hair on her head
Then she lifted her chin
And her voice as she said
“These lines are not something
To hide or to fear
But something that says
‘I have lived, I was here’
They’re not to be counted
Like bars of a cage
But like rings of a tree
That grows stronger with age
Grounded and grand
Persevering and proud
I’ve earned every stripe
So I’ll wear them out loud
And though you might think
I’d look better with none
Just wait til you learn
How I earned every one
Because I’m much more
Than the way that I look
And these lines on my face
Are like lines from a book
That holds all the tales
Of the things gone before me
So come, take a seat
And I’ll tell you my story”
*****
Becky Hemsley 2024
Beautiful artwork by Autumn Skye ART

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1900 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available here: https://www.nicheebookcollections.com/TC4W/ARTICLES.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS"

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS" (author unknown) "Many have passed away, and those who are still here are called 'the el...