Monday 26 August 2024

"I MADE A SWING FROM ROPE" by Joanne Boyle


"I MADE A SWING FROM ROPE"
by Joanne Boyle

When I was just a child
mum would point to a tree,
at the bottom of the garden
and she would say to me.
"There is a special message
I have hid it way up high.
The only way to get it
is if you reach for the sky."
"But mum this is dangerous
and I will no doubt fall.
I am not big enough.
I am still far too small."
I remember mum laughing
as she pulled me close to her.
She said "one day my boy,
you'll find your way up there."
I forgot about that day.
The years they came and went.
Mum went up to heaven
when an angel had been sent.
I packed up our old home,
and I looked out at the tree.
I was a six year old boy again
In a memory.
I remembered our conversation.
I made a swing from rope.
I climbed that old tree.
My heart was full of hope.
When I reached the top.
There was a nook cut in the tree.
An envelope sat waiting.
I knew it was for me.
I couldn't wait to open it.
Surprised that it was there.
My heart beat so rapidly.
I knew my mum was there.
I opened up the envelope
and this is what I read.
"Oh my dear darling boy,
you have remembered what I said.
You finally found a way,
to reach way up high.
When something is truly worth it
we know that we must try.
I always knew you would.
You just had to find your way.
But with love in our hearts.
We will have our day.
When we really want something,
we make it come true.
Just like I found my way,
to keep my promise to you."
I put that letter in my heart
Tears fell down my face.
A memory sent from heaven.
That was Mums new place.
**************
Author Joanne Boyle ~ Heartfelt

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1900 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More
articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THOUGHTS" by Joanne Boyle

"THOUGHTS" by Joanne Boyle She was often seen playing, humming the same old tune. On a sandy shore, every single afternoon. No ...