Sunday 22 October 2023

A PERFECT FIT by Becky Hemsley


"A PERFECT FIT"
by Becky Hemsley 2021

I take his hand in my hand
And our fingers knit together
In a way we give no thought to
Like it’s been this way forever
My hip supports the little one
Who sits there on my left
For it’s there she hears my heartbeat
And it calms her through my chest
They hug me and I hug them back
And gently rest my head
In the warm and waiting me-shaped nook
That’s carved against their neck
He leads me to the dance floor
As the music starts to play
And my hand sits on his shoulder
Whilst his arm’s around my waist
Each part is like a jigsaw piece -
Each hand and neck and hip
And they’re waiting on the moments
Where they’re destined just to fit
See it doesn’t seem to matter
Whether family, friend or lover
It’s just amazing how we humans
Are designed to hold each other
❤️❤️❤️
Becky Hemsley 2021
Beautiful artwork by the immensely talented Lisa Aisato
'A Perfect Fit' is from Talking to the Wild

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

No comments:

Post a Comment

"CAPABLE CHILDREN" by Brooke Hampton

"CAPABLE CHILDREN" by  Brooke Hampton I posted a photo of our 13-year-old doing her end of the month calculations. She handles our...