Friday 20 October 2023

THIRTEEN by Becky Hemsley 2021


"THIRTEEN"
by Becky Hemsley 2021

Dear Thirteen
I hope you get this and I hope it finds you well
I’m writing you this letter for I have so much to tell
It’s words - I hope - of wisdom, of insight and advice
Some lessons that I pray will help you navigate through life
The first is - life gets easier and then gets hard again
But persevere because I know it works out in the end
You’re going to lose some people and it’s natural that you’ll grieve
But you’re going to make your peace with those who choose to up and leave
There’ll be times when you’re in love and they’re not meant to last forever
But don’t worry, for the future’s saving someone even better
Try your best at school but do not give up on your dreams -
It’s not too late to be what you’ve always wanted to be
You’re going to hurt some people - you don’t get to say you’ve not
But you’ll get to say you’re sorry and you’ll get to right your wrongs
They’ll be times when others hurt you, when you’re lied to and betrayed
But I promise you’ll get stronger and the hurt will slowly fade
So many things will happen that will test your strength of mind
But you’ll learn through all of it that it takes nothing to be kind
And there’s someone more important than most everybody else
Who deserves your love and kindness - and that person is yourself
Your life will all make so much sense as soon as you can learn
To forgive and to embrace yourself and recognise your worth
And how is it I know all this of life and loss and love?
Well, I’ve lived your years and many more -
I’m you
Just all grown up ❤️
*******
Becky Hemsley 2021
Beautiful painting by Snehal Pendurkar (@paintingsbysnehal on Instagram)
‘Thirteen’ is from Talking to the Wild

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

No comments:

Post a Comment

"CAPABLE CHILDREN" by Brooke Hampton

"CAPABLE CHILDREN" by  Brooke Hampton I posted a photo of our 13-year-old doing her end of the month calculations. She handles our...