Wednesday 1 November 2023

GIVE ME CREDIT by Jun Mark Patilan


"GIVE ME CREDIT"
by Jun Mark Patilan

People give me credit for a lot of things I don't deserve. They say I'm strong, but I just kind of had to be. They only see me in my armour, never knowing I'm trembling inside it. They only hear the "yes" but never the "NO" my heart screams over and over.
They say I'm fluent in silence, but I just can't find the courage to let the words out. I long for funny conversations, too, or even deep ones while sitting under the moonlight. I love listening to people when they talk about the things they're so passionate about. Their eyes always shine.
People give me credit for a lot of things I don't deserve, but if there's one thing they got right, it's when they tell me I'm a dreamer. I really am. And I know I can take whatever life throws my way, put on a mask if I have to, pretend to be strong and fluent in silence if I need to, but I hope that one day, I can just sit under the moonlight, look at the stars, and tell them a lot of things didn't turn out the way I wanted, but it was all worth it, anyway.
Artwork: 700_illust

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS"

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS" (author unknown) "Many have passed away, and those who are still here are called 'the el...