Friday 15 December 2023

I LOVE YOU by Tahlia Hunter


"I LOVE YOU"
by Tahlia Hunter

"And how was it that you learned to love yourself?"
"Each morning I would wake up
and stare at my reflection in the mirror
and speak the words
"I love you."
Though I did not believe it at first,
I repeated this practice,
day after day,
and slowly, I started to notice
that I was treating myself
with more kindness
and compassion.
Then I started to notice
that I noticed my flaws less
and focused on the features I found beautiful.
Then I noticed
that I noticed my body less.
And then,
the more that I continued this practice of speaking to my reflection in the mirror,
day after day
and year after year,
I began to truly see myself
for the first time,
for it was no longer my body that I saw,
but my soul shining through.
And finally, I reached a point in my life,
where I did not need to speak in front of the mirror anymore,
because the words "I love you"
had become a part of who I was.
And I realised,
that never did I need to learn to love myself,
but simply to remember that I was love.
But by this time,
my skin was old, worn and wrinkled,
for the journey of remembering to love myself
had taken a lifetime.
And so my dear,
may you learn from my story,
and walk proudly with your head held high
letting the beauty of who you are shine through,
for you do not have to wait an entire lifetime to love yourself
as life itself loves you."

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS"

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS" (author unknown) "Many have passed away, and those who are still here are called 'the el...