Friday 8 December 2023

You are everything


"You are everything" author unknown

You don’t see yourself the way I see you.
One day, when I tell you you’re amazing,
the voice in your head
will only echo in agreement.
You aren’t your shortcomings.
Those imperfections you believe to be glaring are unnoticeable to me.
You aren’t the flaws you try to hide.
You aren’t the mistakes you’ve made.
You aren’t the abuse you took.
Please understand that to me, you’re heroic, so it’s difficult to hear you speak of yourself with resentment.
You undermine the bridges you rebuilt,
while I’m in awe of the world
you grew from nothing.
You don’t understand how much
you mean to me.
You don’t realize how colourless my life would become if you weren’t in it.
Even when it’s dark you shine on me.
I would choose your rain
over anyone else’s sunlight.
I would choose your cold nights
over any warm body.
You are the realest thing I’ve ever loved,
and I don’t want a single day without you.
I know it’s hard to unlearn all the things this world has convinced you
are wrong about yourself.
So, I’ll point out every star I see in you
until the night skies you carry are blinding.
I’ll shower you with the words you never heard enough of until that voice in your head believes what I know is true –
You are loved. You are beautiful.
You are everything.

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS"

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS" (author unknown) "Many have passed away, and those who are still here are called 'the el...