Tuesday 30 January 2024

IF ONLY by Joanne Boyle


"IF ONLY" by Joanne Boyle
If only I knew you wouldn't always be here,
to hold, to be held, to always be near.
To listen, to call, to know you are there,
when I had something I wanted to share.
If only I knew that one day you would go,
and there'd be more I'd want you to know.
A past, and a future. A lost and a found,
if I had only known you wouldn't be around.
If only I knew of the grief I would feel,
of the begging and hoping it wasn't real.
Of the years and times I took for granted,
of the growing seeds that you planted.
If only I knew of a moments value,
that it cost nothing just to be with you,
that the buried treasure was in my chest,
living proof that you were the best.
I wear a crown of memories on my head.
A love, a life that I now live instead.
I will represent each piece of you.
I'll live and love my whole day's through.
If only! If Only! If only I'd known.
I'd have clung so tight to stop you going,
but I am lucky to live without regret,
and proud of the memories I won't forget.

Joanne Boyle

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"SISTERS" by Joanne Boyle

"SISTERS" by Joanne Boyle Remember when we were small and we would enter the world of play? You being the older Sister, always ...