Saturday 20 January 2024

SO WHEN DID WE GROW OLD by Joanne Boyle


"SO WHEN DID WE GROW OLD"
by Joanne Boyle

"when did we grow old"?
My Husband said to me,
"old", I gasped, and winked,
as I sat down on his knee.
He let out a sudden squeal,
but only for a while,
and then he regained his youth,
behind his cheeky smile.
I told him growing old is a journey.
A privilege not all get to be,
It's an honour to have had a life
with so many memories.
He looked me in my eyes,
as he held me tight.
We then reminisced about the past,
and day turned in to night.
We spoke of when we met.
Laughed at the dreams we'd made
realising now what mattered,
was the days when we all played.
We laughed about our children,
who, now had both grown.
How we hardly saw them,
now they had children of their own.
We spoke about past holidays,
at the caravan we went to.
we wished we could again,
as four of us not two.
I saw a teardrop escape your eye,
and I gently kissed it away.
Our journey has been blessed,
because of memories from yesterday.

Joanne Boyle

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"CAPABLE CHILDREN" by Brooke Hampton

"CAPABLE CHILDREN" by  Brooke Hampton I posted a photo of our 13-year-old doing her end of the month calculations. She handles our...