Thursday 8 February 2024

THEN I SAW THE RAINBOW by Joanne Boyle


"THEN I SAW THE RAINBOW"
by Joanne Boyle

I strolled along with day light,
my head bowed to my chest.
I was hiding from my tears,
as I set forth on my quest.
I searched my soul for answers,
knowing there was none to find.
I saw my footprints in the soil
as they danced within my mind.
I questioned life and death.
I just couldn't understand,
how one day you were beside me
walking hand in hand.
The wind then turned my tears,
as cold as my heart felt.
I then began to look around me,
as I could smell your Scent.
It is then I saw the rainbow,
ladders to heavens door.
Each of its vibrant colours,
representations of something more.
I knew the colour yellow,
was sent to warm my heart.
The colour green was our favourite,
at Christmas it played its part.
Red and pink made me laugh,
at all the fun times that we had.
I found my tears had now stopped,
I was no longer feeling sad.
It was as though I saw you waving,
you were the colour blue.
Heaven needed another Angel, and
that's why they had chosen you.

Words by Joanne Boyle Photograph by Joanne Boyle

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS"

"THE INCREDIBLE BABY BOOMERS" (author unknown) "Many have passed away, and those who are still here are called 'the el...