Sunday 24 March 2024

DEAR MUM by Joanne Boyle

"DEAR MUM" by Joanne Boyle
If there was a doorway to tomorrow,
or a window to the past.
Would I face the hurt again,
and make this day our last?
Could I say Goodbye to you,
or let the now just disappear?
Could I forget the years,
I have had since you were here?
You taught me to be selfless.
To be just like you.
So the doorway to tomorrow,
is what I will walk through.
Today you are still here,
though many years ago.
We spoke about the future,
because we didn't know.
We didn't know that doorway,
would lock itself on you.
That tomorrow wouldn't come,
for us to make memories new.
So Today we are together.
There's a table where we sit.
The kettle boils away, and
a cigarette gets lit.
We speak about our Day,
tales of your night out.
We talk about our Family,
nothing to write home about.
This is what we done.
This was me and you.
A Mother and her Daughter,
who were best friends too.
We didn't need excitement,
or care what others done.
We didn't envy others,
or care for any pun.
I keep looking at that doorway,
and the clock upon the wall.
I want to remove the battery,
but I know that death will call.
No one can take my memories,
as they are tattooed in my heart.
And no amount of doorways,
will ever keep us apart.
So when tomorrow comes,
I'll be thankful for today.
And the Mam that I'll recall,
won't have gone away.
*****
Joanne Boyle Heartfelt

art by Steffi Krenzek

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley We have to stop thinking that we’ve failed every time we fall. When babies are learning to walk, we ...