Sunday 24 March 2024

I FOUND MY PEACE by Joanne Boyle

"I FOUND MY PEACE"
by Joanne Boyle

I heard that awful news today
as you stood beside my bed.
Although I had prepared myself,
for all the things you said.
I just sat there numb.
I wanted you to go away.
I wanted the life I'd known.
I wanted yesterday.
Yet still you stood there screeching,
scratching at my brain.
Running over my ever after
with the wheels of your steam train.
I am not sure if you saw me cry,
or did I wait for you to go?
I tried to cover my ears,
because I didn't want to know.
I heard everything you said.
I just didn't comprehend.
So I played my childhood game.
The one where I pretend.
I thought a thousand thoughts.
I wondered what I'd done.
I looked towards the door.
Maybe I could run.
Then I thought of my family.
My children of the Earth.
So I looked you in the eye,
and remembered my self worth.
I was not afraid of anything,
as much as leaving you behind.
Who would be there to guide you
when something was on your mind?
So then I found my peace
with the life I got to own.
Cancer will not defeat me.
This illness I disown.
*****
Joanne Boyle Heartfelt

art by Steffi Krenzek

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley We have to stop thinking that we’ve failed every time we fall. When babies are learning to walk, we ...