Tuesday 16 April 2024

SUMMER BODY by Donna Ashworth


"SUMMER BODY" by Donna Ashworth
Summer is going to have to make do with my winter-body again this year…
Unchanged.
Except perhaps a little lighter;
oh not from less food and more exercise, no, not that.
From releasing the weight of society’s expectation,
of how I should look in a swimsuit,
from detoxing my brain of the conditioning drummed into us from childhood.
I’ve much better things to do, than look great for the eyes of strangers on a beach.
I have magic to make, stories to weave and adventures to begin.
I have food to taste, wonders to see and seas in which I must swim.
Summer is going to have to make do with my winter-body again this year.
No apologies from me.
Donna Ashworth
From ‘life’:
Gorgeous Art by Lisa Aisato (please do check out the beautiful books and artworks on her page)

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, almost all are top selling authors in their genre, so do come along and check us out, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"CAME APART RIGHT AT THE SEAMS" by Becky Hemsley

"CAME APART RIGHT AT THE SEAMS" by Becky Hemsley One time I met a woman With a basket on her arm A basket filled with patches And ...