Sunday 19 May 2024

I SEE YOU by Genevieve V Georget


"I SEE YOU"
by 
Genevieve V Georget

To the sensitive ones,
I see you.
I see you with your shoulders hunched forward and your eyes filled with doubt.
I see you as your mind starts to race and your heart starts to hurt.
I see you standing in front of someone else; a loved one, a colleague, a friend…while they unleash the words that pierce right through you…
“You’re just a little too sensitive.”
I see you slowly take a step back and quietly shut yourself down.
I see you as the words linger in the air and they begin to soak through your skin.
And I see you as it starts to happen.
As you start to let the question spread through your bones…
“What if they're right?”
I’m here to tell you that they are right.
You are too sensitive.
I am too sensitive.
We are too sensitive.
We’re too sensitive for a world that doesn’t know how to handle vulnerability.
We’re too sensitive for people who don’t want to have uncomfortable conversations.
We’re too sensitive for a culture that dictates strength by the number of tears you refuse to shed.
But we’re not too sensitive for each other.
And furthermore, our sensitivity is not a liability.
Because, in a world that is becoming more hardened by the minute, that sensitivity is a gift.
In a society that is building brick walls around their hearts, that sensitivity tears them down.
In a life that is being driven by success, that sensitivity takes the wheel with love.
Please believe me when I say I make this next statement for myself just as much as anyone else who might need to hear it...
It’s okay to be emotional.
It’s okay to experience your feelings.
It’s okay to show up as your whole self, regardless of how messy that might be.
And if people try to tell you otherwise, then those aren’t your people.
That’s okay too.
Because this life is filled with people who feel the world in a very deep way.
It’s filled with people who hand over vulnerability in the name of connection.
It’s filled with people willing to sit through the discomfort of the human experience so others don’t have to.
And if you’re out there right now, feeling rejected or isolated or misunderstood…I’m here to tell you one last thing.
I see you and I hope you never change.
********
~Genevieve V Georget~
Photo: Art by Elena Sanichenko

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available here: https://www.nicheebookcollections.com/TC4W/ARTICLES.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley

"BABY STEPS" by Becky Hemsley We have to stop thinking that we’ve failed every time we fall. When babies are learning to walk, we ...