Wednesday 1 May 2024

YOU'VE CHANGED by John Roedel


"YOU'VE CHANGED"
by  John Roedel

the only thing to say when
somebody tells you that
you’ve changed is:
“Thank you.”
over the past couple years
people have told me that they
miss the old me
~ the funny me
the less-serious poet me
~ the safe me
the ambitious me
~ the life-of-the-party me
the “easy to be around” me
I try to explain to them
that lately my favourite places
have become thresholds
I have about four new beginnings a week
I’ll try doing this and then
~ I’ll try being that and then
I’ll try this on and then
~ I’ll try a taste of that
I may write a poem today
I’ll take some photos tomorrow
and maybe I’ll tell some
jokes on stage next week
and a decade from
now I’ll be a painting sunflowers
and each thing will be the most
important thing I’ve ever done
I’m in perpetual state of transition
I keep leaving home
as who I was and
returning as who I
need to be next
~ it’s all such a skin-shedding
adventure of fresh starts and
unlimited resurrections
I don’t want to be the exact same
person that I was when you
last saw me yesterday
too much has happened since then;
I’ve seen too much beauty
I’ve cried too many tears
I’ve sat with too many ghosts
I’ve put my toes in too many rivers
I’ve had my heart broken too many times
I’ve felt too many kisses
I’ve heard the divine singing to me from too many treetops to not be transformed
I once met angel that was sunbathing
naked in a garden who told me that
heaven looks exactly like a thick thunderhead draping itself over a Rocky Mountain valley
heaven is always billowing
heaven is ever rolling
heaven is constantly churning
heaven is relentlessly changing forms
heaven is a endless rumble
heaven never looks the same
from one day to the next
heaven is constantly being reshaped by the hands of the great potter
because
it turns out that grace is a
whirling spectrum of colors
and heaven has to keep
changing its form in
order to keep up with it
heaven transforms
its camouflage of miracles
and magic every morning
and if that’s good
enough for heaven
then it’s good enough for me
there is so much creation
taking place around us
for us not too join in
on the fun
so many new opportunities
so many new people
so many galaxies being formed
so much ancient beauty being rediscovered
with all of that going on
how can we have a new
beginning every single
time we breathe?
I believe epiphanies aren’t
meant to randomly drip
like a broken faucet
they’re meant to flood
like a creating river
when somebody
accuses you of changing
take it as a compliment
and wonder
why they haven’t
if a nebula can be given
permission to change forms
so can you
besides ~ and
this is VERY important:
maybe we aren’t
changing anyway
maybe we are just becoming
who we were born to be
in the first place?
maybe we were born
to keep unfolding
like an endless map
and one last thing, my love,
don’t let any your seasons
become permanent
let them all pass through you
bloom red
change
bloom green
change
bloom rainbows
embrace each
one as the wonder
that they are
our souls are
made of moving
holy water
with bits of sunlight in it
we are all glowing ripples
passing through time
reflecting light off the surface
don’t fret, my love,
heaven is required to
reinvent itself daily
as are we
as are we
as are we
and I can’t wait to
see how beautiful
you look the next
time I see you
radiating like
cathedral stained glass
under the glow of your
raw ever-changing
and unashamed
authenticity *********
(wondrous art by the incredible Kat Shaw Artist )

Brought to you by https://thecorner4women.com together with our sister website http://www.nicheebookcollections.com and our growing e-book library available FREE, through our Newsletter sign up page here:-

https://tc4women.nicheebookcollections.com/NEWSLETTER-EBOOK-LIBRARY-SIGNUP.html We now have over 1700 e-books on our library shelves for your reading pleasure, so do come along and check us out.

More articles by Su DeNyme (our resident writer) & John A Elliott are available here: https://www.nicheebookcollections.com/TC4W/ARTICLES.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"THE LAST BATTLE"

"THE LAST BATTLE" (author unknown) If it should be that I grow weak, And pain should keep me from my sleep, Then you must do what...